Quick & Easy Rice Salad | High in Protein
Quick & Easy Rice Salad
Let me start by telling you that I really love salads for lunch - and I am not talking about some green lettuce with 2 small tomatoes. I am talking about salads that actually keep you full and satisfied all day long.
One of the main reasons why this rice salad is one of my go-to lunches is that it's so versatile. You can customise it as you want. You don't like tomatoes? No worries, you can replace them with bell peppers. Do you love sweet corn? Feel free to add it to your salad! The options are endless :)
- 200g rice
- 1 tin of tuna (preferably in olive oil)
- 5 eggs ( can be replaced by any protein you like )
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- a hand full of olives
3. Wash your cherry tomatoes and cut them into pieces. Cut the olives.
4. Mix in a bowl: the cold rice with the tuna (including the oil from the tin), then add the chopped cherry tomatoes and olive pieces. Mix well, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Divide your rice salad into 5 containers.
6. Top each container with your boiled eggs.
I personally love to top my eggs with a little bit of mayo and then pop the containers in the fridge. Bon appetite!